SAFe(r) 5.0 - Product Owner / Product Manager Certification
Costs are NZ$1,699 plus GST. At present public courses are offered for Central Auckland locations only. Corporate courses in other centres can be negotiated. For more information please contact our chief coach, Pete on +64 21 186 8664 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this SAFe Product Owner training two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
“The problem is not with our organizations realizing that they need to transform; the problem is that organizations are using managerial frameworks and infrastructure models from past revolutions to manage their businesses in this one.” — Mik Kersten
Attendees will learn how to address transformation through the application of Lean thinking—to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
Who will benefit
The SAFe(r) POPM course is aimed at
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
Note: Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible to sit for the exam
There are no hard pre-requisites to attending this course, but some or all of the following is highly recommended as part of exam preparation.
- Prior attendance at a Leading SAFe® course (see our Leading Safe Training course)
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
- Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 5.0 POPM. The exam cost is included in the course fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Candidates can retake the exam if not cleared in the first attempt for a cost of USD50 per attempt.
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certificate
- A SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice (renewable)
- A SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification usage guide with POPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.