Leading SAFe(r) 5.0 - SAFe Agilist Certification (SA)
Costs are NZ$1,699 plus GST. At present public courses are offered for Central Auckland locations only. Corporate courses in other centres can be negotiated. For more information please contact our chief coach, Pete on +64 21 186 8664 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“The problem is not with our organizations realizing that they need to transform; the problem is that organizations are using managerial frameworks and infrastructure models from past revolutions to manage their businesses in this one.” — Mik Kersten
Globalization, fast-moving markets, disruption and the unprecedented pace of technological innovation
In the face of this organizations know that they need to transform—now—to survive.
But existing business models, organizational hierarchy, and technology infrastructure simply can’t keep up with how quickly companies needs to adapt.
It is self-evident, to find our way into the new future—we cannot use the tools from the past; we need new tools, and new ways to organise ourselves that inherit from the past, but which are successful in the new economy.
Scaled Agile 5.0 provides those tools, encompassed in a new operating system for business agility.
This two-day Leading Safe training course will cover both strategy and execution for digital transformation, providing attendees with all the knowledge necessary to transform organisations utilising the seven core competencies that together deliver Business Agility, starting with Lean-Agile Leadership, implementing a Continuous Learning Culture with Organisational Agility and Lean Portfolio Management—while delivering change through Enterprise Solution Delivery capability, Agile Product Delivery, and Team and Technical Agility.
We will discuss how the implementation of a dual-operating system enables existing companies to act with the speed and innovation of a start-up, but without sacrificing the stability and efficiency of their current systems.
Who will benefit
The Leading SAFe course is aimed at executives, managers, consultants, coaches and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean & Agile change initiative in a large enterprise.
Note: Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible to sit for the exam
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the Seven Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support Program Increment (PI) Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release-on-Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 5.0 Agilist (SA). The exam cost is included in the course fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Candidates can retake the exam if not cleared in the first attempt for a cost of USD50 per attempt.
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe 5 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice (Renewable)
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Note: candidates must attend both days of the course to be elibible for the exam.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.