Governance of Agile-Lean-DevOps projects
As senior and executive managers we know how to steer and govern projects in a waterfall style environment, but what happens when we change to a delivery system that might include agile, lean-agile and devOps?
Everyone is telling us we have to be more flexible, more adaptive and more comfortable with ambiguity, but at the same time no one is letting us off the hook about accountability.
How can we govern the delivery of valuable features for our organisation in such a construct? What are we supposed to do? How are we supposed to act?
The good news is that we do not actually have to un-learn all the skills we have acquired over the years.
We can, when informed by understanding, learn to leverage and apply these skills in a new context - whether hybrid or fully agile - without being forced to simply abdicate accountability and responsibility and hope for the best.
Visionate offers a half day workshop for executives and senior managers that are involved in steering and governing the delivery of work by agile teams, whether that be via project based funding models or through feature based value streams.
At the end of this workshop attendees will have awareness and understanding of how work is governed in such environments, and will be enabled with practical mechanisms and ability to ensure visibility and transparency of outcomes is maintained.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or give a call to our chief coach, Pete, on +64 21 186 8664
- Transformation context
- Why are organisations moving so quickly towards agile, lean-agile and devOps?
- The challenge and opportunity for governance
- Agile in context (agile, lean-agile, devOps)
- The value that agile brings
- Agile and waterfall strengths and positioning
- How agile optimises governance ability to govern and influence
- Brief review of the agile manifesto and principles
- How they adjust for agile at scale
- Concept: framework thinking
- Concept: Joint Accountability and Peer Accountability
- Communities in agile and their different emphases
- Concept: Continuous working
- How agile works
- Brief overview of scrum
- Brief overview of lean-agile frameworks (SAFe)
- Iron triangle affects
- Managing to variable scope
- Minimum Viable Product
- Concept: Shaping versus Engineering
- Concept: Ready and Done
- Frameworks: key methods and techniques
- Governance lines of enquiry
- Continuous Improvement
- Stakeholder engagement
- Risks, issues and decision management
- Costs, forecasts and exception plans
- Value realisation
- How governance can help in transforming the organisation